Activities of The Clan Blair Society
- The society newsletter BLAIR BRUIDHINN is published four times a year. Members read articles on Scottish history, genealogy, and reports on what members are up to around the country. A new query and answer column allows members to ask for help in their genealogical search from members across the country.
- Clan Blair Society has a few online activities that all members can participate in. We have an online Clan Blair Society Discussion Forum where members can sign up and chat with others about all different topics. Visit the forums at any time to join in. We also have an online Clan Blair Society Photo Gallery where members and friends can sign up and upload their own photos to their own photo album. Share your clan and family photos with the whole society very easily. Just click on the link and visit the Gallery.
- State and regional commissioners attend Scottish Highland Festivals and Games, putting up tents for games visitors to visit and learn about Blairs and other things Scottish. Over 50 different games are attended by members of Clan Blair Society around the country.Its a home away from home for members of CBS to pull up a chair and visit with other members.
Games that are marked with the red pin shown will have CBS representation..
- Our Annual General Meeting, takes place once a year at a Scottish Festival around the country where our members host a Clan Blair Tent. The location changes every year as we try to bring the AGM close to all our members. This is an opportunity for our widespread membership to meet some of the officers and board members of the Society. Friday evening the annual Board Meeting of Officers, Commissioners, and Committee Chairs takes place where all members can attend. The Clan Blair Dinner is held Saturday evening with entertainment, presentations, and the company of our membership. We currently plan at least a year ahead and are always looking for volunteers to host upcoming AGMs.
- Every three years The Clan Blair Society organizes a trip to Scotland. The fourth Clan Blair Society Scotland Tour was a resounding success in August, 2002. The 2006 trip was delayed a year, and was also a great success. Read about the 2006 Clan Blair Scotland Trip.
In 2002, the trip stayed at the Blair Estate in Dalry, had lunch and a tour at Dunskey House, Dinner at Blairquhan, tea at Balthayock, and tea at Ardblair Castle. We also had the company of The Right Honorable Robin Blair, Lord Lyon King of Arms on several occasions. Including a reception hosted by Robin in Edinburgh for the members of the tour and other Scottish Blairs.
These were not just tourist stops, as the Blair estates that we visited have become friends of our members and the Society over the years. Scottish CBS members and Scottish Blairs also joined us at our stops and on our tour from time to time. Wonderful people, a wonderful and beautiful country, and a lifetime of memories.
These are the sorts of things that our members and guests of the Clan Blair Society Scotland tour experience. Scotland 2006 trip was another resounding success.
Dr. Bill Blair stepped in and completed the planning for the 2006 trip. Thank you, Bill !
Unfortunately, due the economy and increased costs of travel in Scotland, planning for the next Clan Blair Scotland Trip has been suspended indefinitely. Let’s all hope that our economy improves soon so we can have another of these fantastic trips.
See the 2002 Scotland Trip Recap