Activities of The Clan Blair Society
- The society newsletter BLAIR BRUIDHINN is published four times a year. Members read articles on Scottish history, genealogy, and reports on what members are up to around the country. A new query and answer column allows members to ask for help in their genealogical search from members across the country.
- Clan Blair Society has a Members Only web site with archives of old newsletters and videos from Clan Blair trips, Annual General Meetings, and quarterly online presentations. If you are a member you will have access to all of these.
- State and regional commissioners attend Scottish Highland Festivals and Games, putting up tents for games visitors to visit and learn about Blairs and other things Scottish. Over 50 different games are attended by members of Clan Blair Society around the country.Its a home away from home for members of CBS to pull up a chair and visit with other members.
- Our Annual General Meeting, takes place once a year online with society reporting and special presentations of Scottish, genealogy, and Clan Blair interest. As more members can afford to travel now, we’re planning a future AGM at a Scottish Festival around the country where our members host a Clan Blair Tent. The location will be announced once we have confirmed our location and plans. This is an opportunity for our widespread membership to meet some of the officers and board members of the Society. A few weeks before the AGM, our Board Meeting of Officers, Commissioners, and Committee Chairs takes place online. Members are welcome to attend, but cannot participate.
- For 18 years, the Clan Blair Society organized trips to Scotland as a group. The last trip was in 2006. After that, travel in Scotland became very expensive and it was difficult to find a group that could afford it. It is possible we may consider one in the future.In 2002, the trip stayed at the Blair Estate in Dalry, had lunch and a tour at Dunskey House, Dinner at Blairquhan, tea at Balthayock, and tea at Ardblair Castle. We also had the company of The Right Honorable Robin Blair, Lord Lyon King of Arms on several occasions. Including a reception hosted by Robin in Edinburgh for the members of the tour and other Scottish Blairs.These were not just tourist stops, as the Blair estates that we visited have become friends of our members and the Society over the years. Scottish CBS members and Scottish Blairs also joined us at our stops and on our tour from time to time. Wonderful people, a wonderful and beautiful country, and a lifetime of memories.
These are the sorts of things that our members and guests of the Clan Blair Society Scotland tour experience. Scotland 2006 trip was another resounding success.